Contact the Library
Robin Hartman, MLS, MA
Associate Professor, Director of Library Services
(collection development, policies, administration)
(714) 879-3901, ext. 1212
Terri Bogan, MLIS
Associate Professor, Reference & Instruction Librarian
(classroom instruction, research help, information literacy)
(714) 879-3901, ext. 1261
Lindsey Sinnott, MS(LIS)
Assistant Professor, Systems & Technical Services Librarian
(databases, website, acquisitions, serials, systems)
(714) 879-3901, ext. 1218
Nicole McDermott, MBA
Public Services Manager
(circulation, reserves, interlibrary loan, ID cards)
(714) 879-3901, ext. 1223
Not sure who to talk to?
(714) 879-3901, ext. 1234
Welcome to the Hugh and Hazel Darling Library!
This guide is designed to orient Hope International University faculty to the library services and resources available to you whether you are new or continuing, full- or part-time, teaching online or on-campus.
Here is a quick guide to what you need to know (PDF) to get started using the library.
Here you will learn about:
- Requesting and arranging for Library Instruction for your courses
- How to get Research and Writing Help for your students or yourself
- Putting items on Reserve for your courses.
- Online Research Databases that support your subject areas
- Searching the Darling Library's catalog for books, eBooks, periodicals, audio and video recordings, and more
- Library support services
- Using other libraries
- The Mission and Goals of the Darling Library
- Collection Development policies and procedures including how to make recommendations for library purchases in your field
- Pointing students to Library resources from HopeOnline courses and eCompanions
More general information about the Darling Library geared to students and the general public is found on the Darling Library LibGuide.
The Darling Library
Location. The Darling Library is on the main campus of Hope International University in Fullerton and occupies the first two floors of the Nutwood building. Get directions.
Parking. Faculty should contact the Office of the VP of Academic Affairs for parking instructions.
Visitors may park in marked spaces of the Titan Lot for one hour. Visitor parking may be extended by securing a temporary permit from Campus Safety. Campus Safety can be contacted by calling (714) 681-7333 (or from any campus phone, call ext. 6622). To enter the Titan Lot: From Nutwood, turn onto Titan Drive, the entrance to the Titan Lot is at the very end of the street (see a Campus Map).